Friday 10 May 2013

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks

Swatches of 101, 22 and 16 

YOU'VE PROBABLY HEARD a lot about these lipsticks around, so here's just another blog post about them. I got mine from Superdrug starting around two months ago; I bought one and really liked it, so I went back to buy another, before going back for the third time. And I love the three colours that I have.

These are the 'Lasting Finish by Kate' lipsticks and I have the original ones (the black bullets) in number 22 and 16, and the newer release matte finish (red tube) in number 101.

Number 101 is a muted beige-y pink colour which is slightly darker than my natural lips so it gives a more sophisticated look without being too heavy. This one is more sheer than the other two. Number 16 can be a bit too much as it's a bright coral/peach, but I really like wearing it either lightly dabbed over my natural lips or by mixing it with a plain nude such as Nostalgic by E.l.F. to create a custom light peach colour which is amazing for spring. If you like pinky-corals, then 16 really is for you. It's just perfect.

101, 22, 16
Finishing with 22: this one is my favourite. The colour is a classic red and the fact that it has blue undertones instead of orange ones helps to reduce the appearance of yellow teeth. The formula of these lipsticks is amazing, especially highlighted in this  extremely pigmented red colour. I usually find lipsticks hard to wear as I find most just look too obvious: like a thick layer of pure product across your lips, covering them up. But these seem to glide on and then sink into the lips and become part of your own skin: like real makeup should. This is especially true with the non-matte formulas which tend to look more natural.

Any other stand-outs from the collection I should try? Let me know in the comments below.





No comments:

Post a Comment