Wednesday 2 April 2014

March Most Used: Makeup Edition (Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer)

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Shade 1, Fair)

Here's a new feature I'm going to be doing every month where I showcase a product (I will have makeup, skincare and nail polish editions) that I have used a lot throughout the month.

My most used makeup product in March was this concealer from Collection, formally Collection 2000.

You've probably heard this raved about on the UK blogosphere and by the youtube community.



This product is available in the drugstore in the UK and it £3.49 I think, which for a concealer (a product you use everyday, is a great price).


As you can see, all the writing on the sides has completely rubbed off. I've had this for over a year now (and it's almost out, you might see it soon in an empty-review of mine), and the packaging has come into question and under critique. But honestly, I don't see it as much of a problem. For the price it is to be expected.

Furthermore, I picked up a replacement recently (as this one is almost out), and the packaging is the same but the writing seems to be clearer on the outside. Also, there seems to be a new increased colour selection, let me know if i'm wrong, but I seem to recall there only being 3 colours and now there are 4. I still picked up the lightest shade in 1 and it seems to be almost exactly if not exactly the same. This is good for me as I am extremely pale.


I had a love-hate relationship with this product, but have come to appreciate it once again. I don't use it under the eyes as I find it does tend to crease there, and also its thickness means I think it just doesn't work the best there.

However for active spot sites, blemishes and red marks, as well as around the nose, I find this works amazingly. It lasts very long on the face and doesn't look patchy (it claims 16 hour wear). I wear this on a daily basis to school instead of using a foundation, I much prefer it this way.


The applicator is an effective doe-foot. 

The finish of this product seems to be a natural satin, verging on the matte side but still looks like skin enough.


[Today I tried centring the text in my post instead of aligning it left like I usually do- do you prefer it this way or as previous? Please let me know.]

I love this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good yet cheap concealer. Unfortunately it is not available in the U.S. yet, but i'm sure in the future it will emerge there as there is so much demand for it.

 What's your current most used makeup product? Have you tried this concealer? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment