Saturday 10 May 2014

E.L.F; Mineral Mist, Empty-Review

Empties: Product Reviews

When I finish a product I do a quick blog post reviewing it.

Today I finished the Mineral Mist by E.L.F, which you can buy from their website. I've had it for probably around a year now.

This is meant to be a makeup setting spray, so to use after makeup application to make it last longer on the face. I've never tried a makeup setting spray that I've noticed makes a huge difference to the wear of my makeup, but it's something that's hard to tell.


It's probably around the £5 mark, which is really good, the packaging is nice and it doesn't spray too erratically. 

What I mainly used this for was for making powder eyeshadows more liquidy, as this makes them stay longer and appear more metallic. This is especially amazing with liners, use an angled brush, get some product and wet it. Also baked eyeshadows work even better with this method, they were meant for this! If you've never tried this technique before I highly recommend it, I can even do a whole blog post on it if you wish.


In terms of other makeup setting sprays I've tried, I'd prefer to use Fix + by Mac or the All Nighter by Urban Decay. Granted, they're a lot more expensive, but for actual makeup setting they are much better.


Will I repurchase this product? Probably not. I didn't really like using it as a makeup setting spray, but did like it as a medium for making powder eyeshadows into a more liquidy liner form, wetting pigmets for greater pigmentation or using as a fixing medium for glitter.

Have you tried this product? What makeup setting sprays do you recommend? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment