Saturday 7 June 2014

Bourjois 1 Second Nail Polish Remover: Empty-Review

Empties: Mini Reviews

When I completely finish a product, I upload a quick blog post reviewing it.


This is kind of a mixture of an empty and a 'i'm gonna have to get rid', as it's just not working as it used to.

Today I'm throwing out the Bourjois Magic 1 second Nail Polish remover.

This product is I think £5.99 (but I technically got it half price because at the time it was on buy one get one free), and I got it from Superdrug probably around a year to two years ago.

This pot of magic (*not really magic) is a lifesaver and I will never return to the conventional 'cotton pad and nail varnish remover' method after using it. It's basically lined with a thick cushiony material soaked in polish remover which lifts off any nail polish when you put your finger in. I use what I explain as 'the dip and twist' method, where you rub your finger against the cushion as you twist your finger round. 


Does it remove nail polish in 1 second? Not really, and especially not for glitter. But there is no doubt that it is such a time and money saver.

With time, clearly it takes more effort to remove nail polish. Also, as you can see from the picture below, due to me using this hundreds of times before, the polish remover/water inside has become stained, and as a result leaves a purpley line on my finger where I have used the product.

However this mark does wash off after a few hand-washes, and leaves no permanent stain.

The cushiony thing inside is a bit battered now also.


It leaves a slight oil residue on the hands (which dries off though, it just takes a while), and a vanilla/almond scent.

Quick tip: If your tub is drying up a bit, just pour in some nail polish remover to top it up! I've done this and it means it lasts way longer!

Not quite working as it used to, gross non-permanent stain on my fingers, definitely time to throw it out
There is no doubt in my mind that I will be repurchasing this as soon as I throw it out, as being without this is just not something I want to experience.

How do you remove your nail polish? Will you be checking this product out? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment